In this article
The Construction Operations Building Information Exchange (COBie) is a data standard for the exchange of building information. The standard was developed by the National Institute of Building Sciences (NIBS) in cooperation with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
COBie is part of the BIM workflow. The COBie standard is approved as part of the National BIM Standard, United States (NBIMS-US).
You can learn more about COBie at the Whole Building Design Guide website.
Importing COBie Data
- Navigate to COBie Import — From the menu, select Project → COBie Import/Export → COBie Import.
- Select your file — Click “Choose File” to select your COBie file.
- Click Import — Import your file. This may take up to 20 minutes. Please do not navigate away from the page or close your browser during the import.
Exporting COBie Data
- Navigate to COBie Export — From the menu, select Project → COBie Import/Export → COBie Export.
- Click Export — Export your data. This may take a few minutes, depending on the size of your project. You are welcome to leave or close the page; the exported file will be emailed to you when it completes.